After a decade of champagne, parties, and general unhealthy living, ex-Parisian showgirl and model Sabrina Jacquier Parr was physically , mentally and spiritually exhausted. Embracing yoga and the holistic healthy lifestyle it promoted changed Sabrina’s idea of what she thought it was to be a ‘healthy beautiful’ person, which led to her founding Flora Organica:
Flora Organica has been a labor of love, sharing my knowledge on natural & organic beauty whilst supporting an emerging green beauty industry. I have searched the world for exciting cult & niche products not readily available in Australia from companies truly dedicated to our inner and outer beauty.
Check out her wonderful website here (I’m loving the Konjac sponge and Sans Ceauticals Baobab Regenerating Body Cream at the moment!) and keep reading to find out about Sabrina’s clean regime…
My mornings can start one of two ways: Zen or Panic. Zen is when I jump out of bed bright eyed and ready to seize the day; however more often than not it’s Panic. Panic is when I hit the snooze button more times than I care to remember and in a whirlwind of destruction (as my boyfriend likes to call it) I try and resemble my Zen state only FASTER.
- Sans Ceuticals pH Body wash – smells lush, doesn’t dry my skin and foams really nicely with a shower flower for added exfoliation.
- Rahua Shampoo & Conditioner - every 2 to 3 days I wash my hair. The shampoo has good foam and the conditioner leaves my hair feeling lovely and soft. This is hands down the best natural hair range I have come across.
We started stocking the Tata Harper range at Flora Organica recently which I absolutely LOVE. These products are the creme de la creme of natural skin care right now, but being on the more expensive side, I like to enjoy the experience of using them only on a Zen morning and so I can make them last longer. Currently my Zen morning face routine is:
- Tata Harper Refreshing Cleanser - sometimes I’ll mix in a small amount of organic rice bran into my cleanser if I feel the need for some added exfoliation.
- Tata Harper Hydrating Floral Essence
- Natural sunscreen from Alila Bali – I always wear sunscreen.
- Tata Harper Rebuilding Moisturiser – a great base for makeup as it dries matte.
A liberal spray of I Love Coco natural fragrance from Honore des Pres always makes me feel good as its lovely coconut scent reminds me of summer holidays and pina coladas by the pool!
- Lulu Organics Lavender & Oatmeal Soap – soothing lavender smell and a gentle exfoliation without drying my skin which is sometimes hard to find as I have sensitive skin.
- Konjac Sponge with Charcoal or Pink Clay – It’s all I really need some mornings. Super quick to cleanse and lightly exfoliate. I interchange depending if my skin is clear or congested.
- Kimberly Sayer Anti Oxidant Moisturiser with SPF 25 – doesn’t clog my pores and smells like lavender which is a nice change to all the other horrible SPF smelling creams I have used. This has been my go to day cream for ages and I love it.
- Lulu Organics Hair Powder in Jasmine - This is my savior on Panic mornings when I have had to bypass washing my hair. It absorbs the oil and leaves my hair smelling divine. I can’t live without it.
To help calm my already frazzled nerves I’ll use a dash of Tata Harpers Stress Treatment on my chakra points as no one wants a stressed out Yoga teacher taking their class!
I change my evening routine and products with the seasons as my skin is very susceptible to the weather. As we are going into the cooler months I have been using:
- Sans Ceuticals Goji Oil Cleanser – removes makeup really well, easy to wash off as it goes a little milky with water, and gives my skin the extra bit of nourishment it needs.
- Balm Balm Super Light Coconut Oil - removes my eye makeup.
- Kimberly Sayer Lavender Toner - helps remove any residual oil or makeup.
- Tata Harper Rejuvenating Serum – ridiculously amazing, I don’t bother with an eye cream as I use this around my eyes as well.
- Tata Harper Repairative Moisturiser
- Sans Ceuticals Baobab Cream - I only use a body moisturiser during autumn and winter when my skin really needs it because I’m lazy. This one is totally lush and absorbs really well which is important as I hate standing naked in the cold waiting for my moisturiser to dry! Plain coconut oil is a great budget alternative that I sometimes use.
I try and keep things simple with my makeup. Not all my products are ‘natural’ but I am gradually changing them over as my budget allows.
- RMS Un Cover up in 22 – concealer and light foundation when mixed with a little moisturiser.
- Natio Mineral Bronzer
- Chanel Blush in Irreelle
- Maybelline Mascara
- Vapour Organic Beauty Mesmerize Eye Shimmer Treatment in Cinder: Described as a hydrating antioxidant eye colour. Don’t know if I believe that but I love its sparkly pink shine. It makes a great base or gorgeous on its own.
- Hurraw Cherry Tinted lip balm – love the rosy color and tastes so YUMMY! I sometimes double it as a cheek tint as well.
I am obsessed with Mai Couture Foundation Papers and Blush Papers in Prettyful for daytime touch ups. They are so handy which is great when I’m juggling my yoga mat, bag and everything else. They work well at removing oil and refreshing makeup, plus I’m a sucker for pretty packaging!
On the weekends I try and give my skin a little extra TLC so I’ll use a scrub and mask. At the moment I love using Buddha Nose Sugar Scrub and Kimberly Sayer Hydrating Anti Oxidant Mask. My other extras include:
- Soapwalla Natural Deodorant Cream - it’s the holy grail of natural deodorant as it ACTUALLY WORKS!
- Buddha Nose I Booster Balm - An immune booster that helps keep colds & flu’s away and smells like spicy chai. I rub it on my chest, neck and shoulders when I’m feeling a bit fragile and need a pick me up.
- Hurraw Blue Chamomile & Vanilla Moon Balm – Made as a night treatment balm I use it during the day when I get really dry lips.
If you’re a fellow clean beauty and would like to share your clean regime, contact info(at)thecleanbeautyblog.com x