Dear Clean Beauties
I apologise for my mini-break from the blog - but I have been cooking up something very exciting and it has momentarily turned my attention away!
I promise to be back on board delivering new reviews, clean regimes and how-tos very soon, but in the meantime I would be super-duper-with-a-cherry-on-top grateful if you could please complete a survey for me. It will take less than 2 minutes (promise!) to complete… pretty please?!
Image via http://www.modelinia.com/blog/cara-delevingne-puts-a-trademark-on-it-her-name-that-is/46740
What: Nourishing & restorative serum.
For: All skin types (even oily)
Review: Meet Lina. She’s rosehip oil’s smarter, harder working, more refined sister. Not to diminish rosehip oil’s work at all - it’s just that Lina does everything that rosehip oil does, only… better. Skin is smooth. Skin is plump. Skin is glowing.
The brilliant thing about Lina is that, not only does it leave skin super supple & nourished, but it is absorbed into skin instantly. This means that makeup sits beautifully on top, and there’s not mid-afternoon oilies brought on by using a serum during the day. But of course, it’s at night that Lina truly shines - a generous drop massaged over skin left me with an 'I've just had 10 hours sleep' glow. Elasticity and suppleness improved, texture was more refined, and skin less red and sensitive.
Clean creds: Free of parabens, artificial fragrance, silicone, petrochemicals and synthetic fragrances . Made with a blend of essential oils (including baobab, which, as I will reveal in an upcoming post, is My New Best Friend).
Verdict: Skin just looks better with this - it’s that simple. From first to last drop, this is a little bit of luxury that’s worth splashing out on.
Buy it here
*This product was sent to me as a PR sample for my honest review.
CHAMELEON: Jennifer Lawrence
From Katniss to couture, Jennifer Lawrence is a woman of many faces… do you prefer her pared back beauty or vamped up glam?
The silly season has snuck up on us again, and it seems that I have learnt nothing from previous years’ panic buying experiences and have left the Christmas shopping until the last minute yet again. I’ve scoped out some of my favourite beauty websites, and here are my clean Christmas picks:
- MV Organics Travel Essentials - I’ve been using the Gentle Cream Cleanser, Rose Mist and Rose Soothing & Protective Moisturiser and can highly recommend each one of them: they all have a beautiful fresh rose fragrance and the cleanser and moisturiser have a luxuriously thick texture. This would be a lovely gift set to introduce someone to the MV Organics range.
- Trilogy Signature Skincare Collection - This one is a bargain at $26.95 - perfect for a Secret Santa or stocking stuffer! You can scope out my review of Trilogy Rosehip Oil here.
- Revolution Organics Freedom Glow Beauty Box: Glow straight to the top of the Christmas card list with this gift.
- Franc Serum & Half-Price Exfoliator: Give the gift of good skin - I’ve raved above Franc Essential Serum here.
- Neom Luxury Organics Utter Relaxation Collection: For mums and stress-heads (usually the same person).
- Kimia Exquisite Rejuvenating Facial System: I’ve been meaning to post a review of Kimia’s exceptional products for a while - the rejuvenating facial system is nothing short of miraculous. This is one to pop onto your wishlist (I like to leave subtle post-it notes around the house with my gift requests).
Part II to follow shortly, so stay tuned!
Woah - a big thank you to Tumblr for featuring The Clean Beauty Blog in the Spotlight Beauty category! I’m very honoured to be in such impressive company.
And more importantly, a HUGE thank you and welcome to all my new followers! I love as much interaction as possible so please leave a comment or Ask Me Anything if there is something you’d like to know more about or have any feedback.
The Clean Beauty Blog is also on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest - so let the following begin! x
CHAMELEON: Leighton Meester
Just in case I haven’t yet convinced you of the impact that hair and makeup can have on your look, take a peek at the images of Leighton Meester above. It’s proof that style can be transformed with one swipe of lipstick or dramatic eyes! I love that Leighton isn’t afraid to experiment with different looks: from a bold lip teamed with a coiffed mane to heavily lined eyes and bed hair, she’s a shining example of how to have fun with beauty!
GET THE LOOK: Pretty Pastels
I love this look - soft pretty pastels blended from the outer corners of the eyes. It’s perfect for Spring! I think these colours from Nvey cosmetics would all look gorgeous when applied this way:
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
What: Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil
For: Chapped lips everywhere
Review: Love love love Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm. It tastes delicious (which, let’s face it, is probably the best thing about lip balm), nourishes lips, and leaves a gorgeously subtle berry tint on the lips. In fact, I’ve occasionally swiped the lip balm over my cheeks when leaving the office for that ‘I haven’t done a thing all day’ glow. And it lasts FOREVER. No weird gooey mess that you have to mash the lid into.
Verdict: You’d be balm-y not to like it. 10/10.