1 post tagged beauty look
HOW TO: Weatherproof Your Look
Recent rainy days have had me weatherproofing my look - so here’s my guide to staying polished even when it’s bucketing down. (These tips are equally handy if you are in hot & humid climates. Or around waterfalls).
- Use lip & cheek stains for a long-lasting flush of colour that will instantly sink into skin, which avoids patchy or smudged colour if you get caught in a downpour. Try: Tarte Cosmetics Natural Cheek Stain in ‘True Love’
- Pat luminizer on cheekbones & browbones to look fresher & brighter, even if you really want to hide under a pile of blankets and watch reruns of Bethenny Ever After. Or is that just me? Try: RMS Beauty Living Luminizer
- Use waterproof mascara. The reason for this should be pretty obvious. It’s because I cry when it rains. Try: Ere Perez Natural Waterproof Mascara
- Set your look with translucent powder to keep makeup in place. Try: Jurlique Lavender Silk Finishing Powder
- The most important step - don’t wear your hair out. It might look good when you leave the front door, but after a few minutes you will look like this. Instead, lightly comb some frizz-taming serum or gloss through hair, then scrape back into a low chignon with a deep side part. Try: Intelligent Nutrients Organic Finishing Gloss.
- To freshen the look throughout the day, simply add a little more colour to lips & cheeks and lightly brush over hair to settle any frizziness.