16 posts tagged makeup
GET THE LOOK: Spotlight on Highlights
Let’s hear it for highlights - nothing makes skin look fresh and healthy like a dab of luminizer on the top of cheekbones, cupid’s bow and on the inner corners of eyes. RMS Beauty’s Living Luminizer is my not so secret weapon and gives an I-only-drink-green-tea-and-practice-yoga-daily glow.
CHAMELEON: Jennifer Lawrence
From Katniss to couture, Jennifer Lawrence is a woman of many faces… do you prefer her pared back beauty or vamped up glam?
It’s easy, edgy, and makes eyes POP. A thick line under the eyes might sound like venturing into panda territory, but keep it fresh (not frightening) with dewy skin, a pretty flush of colour on the lids, and lightly defined lashes. Is this your new smokey eye?
Saturday night + swipe of Ilia Pure Lip Care in Dizzy = perfect party lips!
GET THE LOOK: Oscars 2012
What was your favourite beauty look from the Oscars?
PS - Let me know if you would like a beauty tutorial for any of the looks!
After I dragged myself out of bed this morning and had a quick scour of my Pinterest, I landed on this gorgeously fresh makeup look and thought, heck, I’m going to try that! Here are the products I used to get the look:
- First, I prepped for glowing skin by using Odacite Jojoba Beads Exfoliant followed by Pai Avocado & Jojoba Hydrating Day Cream (did someone say ho-ho-jojaba? Probably not).
- I then applied a very light layer of Vapour Atmosphere Soft Focus Foundation and went over blemishes and under eyes with RMS Beauty ‘Un’Cover-Up.
- Next, I applied RMS Beauty Living Luminizer over cheekbones, browbones, the inner corners of the eyes and along the bridge of the nose. Then, using a Bare Escentual Flawless Face Brush, I buffed a bright coral creme blush onto the apples of cheeks (I have to admit to using the very non-clean Stila Convertible Color in Petunia, but RMS lip2cheek in Smile looks to be a great clean alternative).
- Up next was a quick swipe of liquid liner across the top lashline only, followed by a quick curl of the eyelashes and a layer of Ere Perez Almond Oil Mascara.
- And to finish, I dabbed Kjar Weis Lip Tint in Bliss Full over lips.
- Hair was freshly washed so I just added a spritz of sea salt spray and roughly blow dried for some texture.
BE: Bold & Bright
…in lipstick and in life!
CHAMELEON: Leighton Meester
Just in case I haven’t yet convinced you of the impact that hair and makeup can have on your look, take a peek at the images of Leighton Meester above. It’s proof that style can be transformed with one swipe of lipstick or dramatic eyes! I love that Leighton isn’t afraid to experiment with different looks: from a bold lip teamed with a coiffed mane to heavily lined eyes and bed hair, she’s a shining example of how to have fun with beauty!