The silly season has snuck up on us again, and it seems that I have learnt nothing from previous years’ panic buying experiences and have left the Christmas shopping until the last minute yet again. I’ve scoped out some of my favourite beauty websites, and here are my clean Christmas picks:
- MV Organics Travel Essentials - I’ve been using the Gentle Cream Cleanser, Rose Mist and Rose Soothing & Protective Moisturiser and can highly recommend each one of them: they all have a beautiful fresh rose fragrance and the cleanser and moisturiser have a luxuriously thick texture. This would be a lovely gift set to introduce someone to the MV Organics range.
- Trilogy Signature Skincare Collection - This one is a bargain at $26.95 - perfect for a Secret Santa or stocking stuffer! You can scope out my review of Trilogy Rosehip Oil here.
- Revolution Organics Freedom Glow Beauty Box: Glow straight to the top of the Christmas card list with this gift.
- Franc Serum & Half-Price Exfoliator: Give the gift of good skin - I’ve raved above Franc Essential Serum here.
- Neom Luxury Organics Utter Relaxation Collection: For mums and stress-heads (usually the same person).
- Kimia Exquisite Rejuvenating Facial System: I’ve been meaning to post a review of Kimia’s exceptional products for a while - the rejuvenating facial system is nothing short of miraculous. This is one to pop onto your wishlist (I like to leave subtle post-it notes around the house with my gift requests).
Part II to follow shortly, so stay tuned!
What: 100% certified organic rosehip oil - works as a moisturiser, serum & treatment in one.
For: Anyone! Dry and dehydrated skin can use this twice a day either under moisturiser or in place of moisturiser - your skin will drink this up! Otherwise, ‘normal’ skin types would benefit just using this at night or a few times a week as a replenishing & nourishing treatment.
Review: Rosehip oil. I’d heard the hype. But I’d never really got around to trying it. I was wooed by other products with their many magic ingredients and fancy-pants added extras. But with no fillers, no additives, no fragrances, this is one hard-working little miracle oil, and I’m glad I finally got around to trying it. This one by Trilogy is 100% natural and certified organic, and the “full list of ingredients” is rosa canina (rosehip) seed oil and nothing else. As I’ve mentioned before on this blog, two of my primary concerns are acne scarring & fine lines, and rosehip oil is the perfect product to address both of these. My skin felt instantly nourished as soon as I put the oil on at night, and when I woke up in the morning I had baby soft skin with a lovely glow - restored as though my skin had a cup of herbal tea and nap! Little lines appeared smoother, and whilst there are no miracles to report on the acne scarring front (these babies have been with me for 5+ years, so I accept that it will take longer than one month to see any difference), I did notice that an existing blemish seemed to heal quicker and has left no visible redness. Even if you don’t have to worry about lines or scarring or stretch marks, I think all skin would benefit from applying the oil once a day or a few times a week as a treatment, as skin is visibly smoother & has a gorgeous glow after use.
Application tips: I use this twice a day (my skin is quite dehydrated from the cold weather here), and if wearing makeup on top I just use a wee couple of drops and let it sink in before applying anything on top, I haven’t had any problems with foundation being too ‘slippery’ on top.
Clean creds: 100% natural & certified organic.
Verdict: Believe the hype. Rosehip is a hit.
Buy it here
*This product was sent to me as a PR sample.
Six Picks is a new feature that I’ll aim to post each month. I’ll list the six products that have been on high rotation the past month - some I will have reviewed, some I will review soon (promise!).
My six picks for August are:
Image credit: theglitterguide.tumblr.com via meenerbug13 on Pinterest